At-Home Facial for a Dull Complexion. Hello Glow!
Cooler weather got skin down and dry? Raise your hand if your skin is looking a tad dull and lifeless. Serving up a quick 4 step at-home facial can whip it back into shape! Well… hello Glow!
Knowing the best way to care for your skin and establishing a solid skincare routine is paramount to glowing skin. This means knowing which products to use, when to use them and in what order. We get it, it’s not always intuitive, and between the stresses of working and family, it is difficult to find time to pamper ourselves. Our easy, 4 step at-home facial will give skin a quick reset and instant glow.
4 Step Quick and Easy At-Home Facial
Step 1: Cleanse with Intention
Cleansing should be simple enough, right? Well, not according to a CeraVe 2017 study which discovered that 80% of Americans were washing their face incorrectly! Don’t worry – it doesn’t have to be perfect but trust us when we tell you: cleansing with intention can change how your entire cleansing experience. This means don’t rush the wash!
Take Your Time. You do not to want to race through your cleanse because you want to give active ingredients time to work its best magic.
“Cleansing for 60 seconds, especially using an oil cleanser or balm, helps to soften the skin, clean out pores, and clean off all the pollution, makeup, and sweat from the day,” says Fairchild. Just as important, especially if you’ve spent said money on serums and other fancy products: Products work better on thoroughly cleansed skin.” – Natalie Fairchild, licensed aesthetician
This doesn’t mean you have to set the stop watch for a minute every time. Just try to be aware and take your time massaging your cleanser on your face; Anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes is ideal.
Face Washing 101
- It is important to start with a clean canvas. Make sure all makeup has been removed prior to cleansing.
- Wet skin with lukewarm water.
- Using your fingertips, gently massage the cleanser onto your skin.
- Rinse skin and gently pat dry.
Face Washing Tips
- Know your skin type so you are using a cleanser that offers the more benefits.
- Avoid scrubbing at skin.
- Don’t tug or rub skin with a towel.
- Avoid hot water, which can strip skin’s natural oils.
- Although ok in a pinch, avoid using face wipes, which often include tons of chemicals that aggravate and dry out skin. Learn More.
Our favourite natural facial cleanser for all skin types: Sublime – Cool Lime Gel Cleanser
Step 2: Reset skin & deep clean pores with mineral clay mask
Kaolin clay is a natural mineral that helps draw out toxins and impurities while deeply softening, balancing and remineralizing skin. Ochre Earth Mask helps minimize signs of premature aging with salicylic acid and fruit enzymes to help prevent breakouts, clarify and mattify skin. It restores vitality and recharges skin for an even-toned glowing complexion.
Kaolin Mask 101:
- Apply a liberal amount of mask to skin.
- Leave on skin 10-15 minutes, or until mask is drying. Always remove mask before it fully dries.
- Use a soft, warm cloth to gently remove excess mask from skin.
Step 3: Improve skin tone with a Vitamin C serum
Your at-home facial isn’t complete without treating your skin to a brightening, antioxidant serum. Topical Vitamin C is a scientifically proven, pro-aging ingredient that everyone can benefit from. C Pura is a strategic formulation of 2 Vitamin C derivatives, Vitamin E, Resveratrol and Cherimolia Fruit to make superior changes to skin.
Some Vitamin C benefits include:
- Prevent skin sagging
- Reduce age spots and dark pigment
- Skin brightening
- Improve appearance of wrinkles
- Neutralize free radicals and protect skin from damage
- Reduce redness
- Fade scarring
- Even skin tone and texture
If possible, reach for L-Ascorbic acid, the most potent and researched form of Vitamin C. Dry and sensitive skin types might benefit more from a less active form of Vitamin C.
Sensitive skin? Try our Organic Vitamin C Serum: Mad Glow.
Moisturizing is a must must must! Wrap up your facial with our probiotic moisturizer, GG Advance. Give skin a big ol drink of water, locking in moisture and hydration. Applying a moisturizer helps trap in moisture so it doesn’t evaporate so quickly to help prevent skin dryness and irritation, especially over the cooler months.
- Avoid irritating ingredients, preservative and synthetic dyes and colors.
- Reach for a heavier moisturizer at night to help skin rejuvenation while you sleep.
- Don’t forget your neck!
- Select a moisturizer based on the season and your skin sensitivity.
- Apply in upward strokes.
- Use creams, not lotions. Lotions tend to be more drying due to their higher alcohol content.
- What Is the 60-Second Rule — and Does It Actually Work? Here, we fact-check the facial-cleansing technique gone viral.L. PRINZIVALLI. Allure
- National Study Reveals Up to 80 Percent of Americans Wash Their Face Incorrectly. CeraVe® Skin Survey Shows a Need for Education Focused on Proper Facial Cleansing
- The Benefits of Vitamin C for Your Skin. Reviewed by Melinda Ratini, DO, MS . WebMD.